Friday 25 June 2010

Hi everybody!

*Hi, Dr Nick! *

Sorry – I couldn’t help myself. Anyway, this is KC writing the blog, and when I didn’t have the rehab blog I thought of so much I could write, but at the moment I’m pretty stuck for words. Don’t you just hate it when that happens?



It’s like when I’m writing, sometimes I just stare at the screen and nothing comes, but whenever I’m at work… or, nowhere near a note pad, I always seem to have the best ideas and dialogue, and half of the time I forget about them. So annoying.
Yes, that's exactly what I look like when I'm annoyed, although you might want to add the nineteen years>>


Anyway, I still feel like the newbie to Rehab, although I must have been knocking around for what…2-3 months? I remember when I first arrived and was nervous joining the chat because I didn’t want to seem like an idiot, but I spoke and that gave everything away – dammit. Haha, but seriously, everybody has been so nice and made me feel right at home. Thank you all for being so lovely! :)

Haha...I'm thanking people for being lovely...

Oh, and thanks for being so supportive with my competition entry! It really means a lot!




So, it’s summer, and I really have nothing to do…well, I do, but it’s not that important…just my job. Though, I am going to Latitude festival, which I’m so excited for (because I’m going to run around in bare feet and wear floral dresses and say words like ‘psychedelic’!)…but it’s not like I’m going to Paris and London like a certain someone…ahem. So, this means that I have a lot of time to write – which is great – but also I can do some beta’ing, if anybody needs it. It’s there, left on the table, my proof-reading skills, waving at you. Yes, you.

Oh, and while I have the blog, I might as well promote the non-canon blog I’m working on with MBL, For the Love of Non-Canon. It’s been really fun to get interactive with another twi-site, because before joining rehab I never explored the fandom…I just kept myself to myself.

Aww, rereading that makes me sound so sad. I wasn’t sad! They were the happy days when Kim didn’t tell me about this horrible woman called Aunt Flo!


That's Aunt Flo.

Hahahah…







Anyway, I’ll keep on rambling, since I think I’m doing a fine job. So, I’ll tell you my favourite angst-y song of this week that has really put me in the mood for writing angst. It’s called 'Fistful of Love' by Antony and the Johnsons. It’s really sad, being dubbed as a ‘sweet masochistic song’. I find that his voice alone makes me feel pretty emotional. But then again, I’ll cry at anything. I can’t watch Britain’s Got Talent anymore because every time an old woman sings and she’s amazing – the flood gates are open, and I’ll be shouting at the T.V ‘It’s so beautiful!’

Ahem, moving on…


My happy song of the week is…hahaha, I barely have any happy songs. Oh, I tell a lie, I really love this MGMT song called ‘Brian Eno’. I love a bit of MGMT. Overall, my other rec’s are any Laura Marling or Patti Smith. Or Joni Mitchell.

Okay, I’m done, but when it comes to music I could go on for hours. And hours and hours and hours.

You get the picture.





Of course, I have some fandom questions, which I really should save for my mentor…but I’m going to ask you ladies, because you always give me really detailed, and insightful answers. Not that my Twi-mentor doesn't, she's pretty brilliant too.

Anyway, would it be a bad idea if I wrote a twific that was set in England? You know, with English characters, typically English. Since, I feel like I’m betraying my own writing style by deciding to use American grammar for the obvious reasons. I mean, I know people have written fics in England and had English characters, but I just wanted to know if that puts you off, or attracts you, or maybe not even bother you? So yeah, some feedback on that would be great, because I’ve started another fic where all my characters are English, and I’ve decided to get a bit of courage and write my first non-canon fic. Woo. Excitement.


Actually, I thought I would have more questions, but that was the main one that I’ve been thinking about lately.

Okay, I’m stuck for words. But I swear I’ll be better if I have the blog again! :D

So, I’ll love you and leave you.

But not without some male beauties. ;)












And, as our beloved Duckie would say from Pretty in Pink, 'I'm off like a dirty shirt.'

Kitty.
x

5 comments:

  1. Thanks KC, it was great to get to know you a bit better. I adore Joni Mitchell and duckie. Loved him. Did you know in the original ending of PIP Blaine didn't get the girl! The audience hated it so they were all brought beck to re film. That's why Andrew McCarthy looks so skinny. He had lost weight and shaved his head for another role. Bet you really didn't need to know that.

    I know someone who was just saying she is in need of a beta, I shall pass the word you are available. Great post and love all the pics.

    As for the English characters, it doesn't bother me as long as I know the writer is writing Edward, not Rob.

    Kisses and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww bb!

    Working with you on the blog is awesome! :) and its great knowing you more too. I think all we talk about mainly is the blog lol.

    But yeah, I remember going through what you did with the whole " New girl" thing. The girls are lovely and so are you! :)

    x's and o's

    Beckie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like the new girl for a long time, or until Kim came and took the title :P

    Twific set in England is not so far fetched. Though I do think it should have a good reason for the setting, like someone being in boarding school or something. But yeah, I think England as a setting would be a lot more realistic than Iceland ;)

    And you can go to London whenever you please (well mostly...), so that wouldn't be as exciting for you as it is for me :D I love London! It's one of my favourite cities, and I have a feeling Paris will be very high on the list, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AT - I did know that about Pretty in Pink, and I was pretty baffled! Although, I only found out about that a couple of weeks ago because I went back into my brat pack obsession, haha. Did you also know that Pretty in Pink was the last John Hughes film Molly Ringwald starred in? And because John Hughes wanted the Duckie-Andie ending, he wrote another film that is similar to Pretty in Pink and the Duckie and Andie characters get together in the end. Ringwald declined to be in the 'Pretty in Pink remake', and Hughes took it personally, so the two never worked together again. It's quite sad actually...but IMDb trivia is so fascinating! :P

    Beckie - Aww, thank you. :) I know, we only really talk about the blog, but we need to find out about this missing blog scandal which is going on! What's happening to all our posts??
    Haha, oh deary me. :P

    And Rags, I think I've only been to London three times in my life. The closest big city near me is Manchester, so I usually go there. Anyway, thank you for your thoughts on the England issue - very interesting. :)

    Thanks for all your lovely comments,
    KC
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, <3 you know you're one of us. No new girl ;)

    ReplyDelete